Thursday, February 5, 2009

January 20th, 2009

I am posting this a little late as I just thought of making a blog. On January 20th 2009 I attended an informational session about gastric bypass surgery. Since then I have done alot of research ranging from internet information sites to You Tube videos of other peoples struggles and accomplishes. I have been talking to a few people who have had the surgery and they are walking me through the process they went through and what happened after wards. I have now made the next step and made an appointment to meet with the Bariatric Nurse Coordinator, Dietitian Evaluation, and Physical Therapy. I meet with all of these people in one meeting, it is a two hour meeting. My appointment is scheduled for Tuesday Feb. 10th. at 1:00pm. I am excited and nervous all at the same time. I have to fill out a three day meal evaluation before I go. There is a total of 15 steps I have to complete before my surgery. Today I went to my favorite store in Pequot Lakes and i found 12 cocktail glasses 4oz each. I will be using these to eat out of after i have had my surgery. I also bought a waterbottle that records the number of sips of water you take out of it and how much you have had in a day. Water is an essential after surgery!!!! I have made it down to one pop a day or less. I am getting headaches and irritated from not having it but I will live! Absolutely no bubbles! I just hope that I will be able to stick with things and get my self back to a healthy weight. Anyway I have decided to go to school tomorrow and do pottery so I will probably write more on Tuesday after my consultation.

No comments:

Post a Comment